Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pink & White M&Ms


My aunt sent this to me today:

Pink & White M&Ms: M&Ms with a Purpose

Pass this on to all of your friends. There are many women out there who have breast cancer. Lets do all we can to support this cause.

The maker of M&M candies has teamed up with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to raise funds through the sale of their new "pink & white" M&M candies.

For each 8-ounce bag of the special candies sold, the makers of M&M (Masterfoods) will donate 50 cents to the foundation. The next time you want a treat, please pick up a bag (now sold in stores nationwide) - you will be donating to a great cause and satisfying your sweet tooth. Just think...If each of us buy one bag or two.... how much will be donated. Buy a bag for a friend...........

Please pass on to all your family and friends. -- Thank you.
The first thing I do when I see something like this is to check Snopes.com to see if it's real or not. [For the uninitiated, Snopes reports on urban legends that appear on the internet. Search on any keywords from the email you want to investigate, and it will return any reports that it has on that subject.]

I am happy to report that this is actually true [read the Snopes article], so I sent it to many of my friends. However, upon closer investigation, I discovered that this is an annual campaign that they started in 2004. At the end of each year—traditionally in the September – December timeframe—they run a breast cancer campaign. So, watch for it this fall in a grocery store near you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

last fall I had a mammogram and upon leaving the room, I was handed a small felt bag. In that bag was a ballpoint pen with a pink metal ribbon attached to a siver pen. Also a small white heart with the pink ribbon attached. I put the heart on my purse and the pen in my checkbook.An if anything comes across my e-mail then it gets sent out. Wtg Tonua, prays are with you.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter