Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Thanks to the Kindness of... Everyone

One of the most amazing things about this experience, so far, has been the true, heartfelt kindness that has been poured onto me. My friends, family, and even mere acquaintances have offered to help me in any way I might need it. Strangers are lighting candles and saying prayers for me. How can I, even for an instant, feel sorry for myself, when I am the recipient of so much love and kindness?

I don't feel sorry for myself. What I feel is love and gratitude. Since I lost my mother 10 years ago, I've spent a lot of time feeling lonely and unhappy. I've felt unloved and alone. But now, I realize that I haven't been alone, and I'm not alone now. I realize that in my grief, I shut myself away from those who would love me, but now I'm opening myself up to all of that love.

I've always believed that love is the opposite of fear, and right now I'm proving it. My heart is so filled with the love that I have for my friends, my family, complete strangers, and myself that I have no room for fear. No matter how scary this thing might seem, I am not afraid of it.

Thank you to my entire support system and to those people who only know of me through their friends and family. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your love. Thank you for being who you are. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter