Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Race for the Cure

Shannon mentioned this in one of the comments, but I thought I would give it its own post.

What is it?
It's 5K Race/Walk and One-mile Walk to benefit breast cancer. It raises money for the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation for breast cancer. It is hosted locally by the Barabara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center.

When is it?
Saturday, June 10, 2006, 6:30 - 10:30 AM
Our lovely Athena was already planning to run. When she learned of my cancer, she said, "Now I know specifically who I'm running for." Shannon has indicated that she is planning to join. If I'm not on my Alaska cruise (which still remains to be seen), I will be there too.

Where is it?
Comerica Park. The 5K route is on Woodward from Fisher Freeway to Warren and back. People are welcome to either walk or run this route. The one-mile walk follows the same route, but turns back at the 1/2 mile mark on Woodward.

For more information about:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris and I are signed up for the 5k walk.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter