Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bald... and Loving It!

I got my head shaved today. Well, more like buzzed than shaved, but it's pretty darned close... as you can see. I do have video of the entire process and will post it in the next few days. Deb was amazing and kept giving me cool little mohawks throughout the process.

I have to admit that I had a little concern about how it was going to look when I was done. But now that it's done, I kind of love it. I thought I might end up wearing hats all the time, but my friends will see me bald more than not. It's too comfortable.

Right now, I still have enough of a buzz to get that super soft fuzzy feeling that I love on a nearly bald head. It's fun to play with!! However, as you can probably see from the photo, it's going to keep coming out. And, now that it's short, I think that won't be such a big pain as it was when it was longer. And, already, my hair isn't as uncomfortable. It had started to feel like a million tiny needles were stuck in my head, but now it feels comfortable again.

Well, I just wanted to share my new 'do, but now I need to get some rest.

[Click on the photo to see a larger version.]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Really, its that smile that has never changed and what makes you so beautiful.

I know you said no hats, but I have some awesome Indian scarves you can use (you have to protect your head from the sun now that summer is approaching!!) :-)

--Pushpinder

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you look like a badass!
-rach

4:21 PM  
Blogger Carlita said...

You look marvelous!

CCC

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! You have the perfect head and face for it!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter