Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Monday, April 03, 2006

Wearing it on my sleeve

Okay, you all know that I tend to be really open about whatever is going on in my life... not only wearing my heart on my sleeve, but pretty much everything else too... right down to the spaghetti I had for lunch... if I wear white on the same day I eat spaghetti. But, I digress.

When I saw this pink ribbon watch, I thought it was pretty cool. It's so me to advertise whatever it is that I'm going through at any given moment, and this is just one of those things that hopefully makes people more aware. ("Ask me about my pink ribbon watch.")

The last time I wore a watch, it was my mom's Mickey Mouse watch. The battery died several months ago, and I've been too lazy to go get another battery. It seems like a perfect opportunity to buy a new watch.

What do you think? Think I should spring the $55 for it? It's going to a good cause... a cause that directly impacts me. Or do you think I should save my $$$ for all those potential medical and pharmaceutical bills?

Hmmm. I'm not quite sure yet how much insurance will cover yet... maybe I should hold off on the watch. :(

Suggestions are not only welcome... they are encouraged.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitley get the watch. I think it is a great way to gather strength...and a piece of your mom. Considering the last watch you had was one she gave you. Strengh is going to come from all different types of sources.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The watch is super-fantastic. It is not expensive as watches go and is for a good cause, a two for the price of one deal if you ask me.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get the watch? It's very unusual and you deserve it!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter