Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Slow Blog Week

Sorry, folks, there's really not anything new to report tonight.

Actually, it's going to be like that for a while. And, during that time, I'm going to take a break from blogging. It's becoming an obligation in a way that I don't want it to become. Not that I don't enjoy it and that I don't want to keep you informed, but I don't always have something to say.

I know you want to keep up with what's going on with me, but right now, it's kind of the same thing every day. Until I get through radiation, I probably won't have a lot of news. And, if I do, I promise I'll write about it. That's why I started this blog in the first place.

In the beginning, there were a lot of things going on and I was learning a lot that I wanted to share. But, right now, I get the same treatment every day, five days a week for 2-4 more weeks. I'm not going to experience significant side effects, other than some skin irritation. It has started to present itself, and it basically looks like a slight sunburn (normally, I'd tan within two days) and doesn't feel like anything.

I want to write when something new happens, or when I've learned something, or when changes take place. None of that is going to happen for a few weeks. And, I'm not going to suddenly get sick. My health is not in a place where I'm going to take a sudden turn for the worse. And, even if I were to get suddenly sick, that's the kind of thing I would blog about!

I'm taking a little break from blogging, but that just means that I'm not going to try to post regular posts every single week if I have nothing new to say. When I do have something new to say, I'll post it, whether that's tomorrow or a month from tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be that long, but it might not be as soon as a week from today either.

Please know that, in my absence, I'm doing well. If you were sitting next to me, you would never know that I'm battling cancer unless I told you. Half the time, even I can't believe it. Because if I didn't have that regular appointment for radiation to remind me, I wouldn't know I had cancer either.

Remember, in this case, no news really is good news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter