Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Weekly Doctor's Visit

I didn't post on Monday because it turned out that, this week, I met with my doctor today instead of Monday. Next week, I'll start meeting with him regularly on Mondays.

Basically, he just wants to meet with me each week to monitor any side effects I might be experiencing from the radiation. Given that I just completed my first week, I haven't actually experienced any side effects yet. He said that I can expect to see some mild skin irritation in the next week or so.

As I mentioned before, the skin irritation will look like a sunburn. I probably won't feel anything, though, given that I've had surgery and most of the nerves in the area have been cut. I don't feel much at all in those area. I do wonder if feeling will ever come back to that area. Several of the women I've spoken with that have had mastectomies in the past (at various time frames) say that they still experience some numbness in certain areas.

I don't really have any news. There was nothing new to learn from the doctor today... or at least nothing that I thought to ask. As far as I can tell, the treatment is going fine.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter