Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Monday, May 08, 2006

Comfort Food

Mmmm. Comfort food. Food that is familiar and nourishing and wraps your tummy in a blanket of comfort.

I had that tonight. It was good timing too. Comfort food was a perfect way to put the kibosh on this rough patch I've been having the last few days.

I haven't been out and out ill. I never feel completely ill. I just haven't felt 100%. On Saturday, I probably hit a new low at about 40%, but the gauge has been inching up ever since. I just haven't recovered as quickly as I have in the past few weeks. Usually, by Monday, I'm feeling pretty righteous again. But, today, I was tired and felt off all day. However, thanks to the gift of one of my favorite comfort foods, I'm back up to about 85% right now. I'm confident that after a good night's rest tonight, I'll be feeling normal again tomorrow.

So, I just want to give a shout out to Dave for the lamb lentil stew. It's still my fave, and it was totally what I needed tonight. And, yes, it's an extremely good batch. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad that it hit the spot and the timing was good. Enjoy!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter