Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bald is Beautiful

During my treatment, I blogged about my experience with being bald (Bald... and Loving It!).

Recently, as I was fast forwarding through commercials on my Tivo, my eye caught the image of a beautiful bald woman. Of course, I had to stop and go see what it was about.

It was a Bristol-Myers Squibb commercial about ovarian cancer. The woman named all the things that were beautiful to her as she recovered from cancer. The commercial spoke so directly to the way I felt when I was recovering that I was inspired to go see out the commercial. In doing so, I discovered this amazing woman's website: Bald is Beautiful. I was also inspired to send her an email thanking her for sharing her story and to share a little of my own.

I was hoping to find a version of the commercial that I could embed in this blog entry, but that was not the case. Instead, you can view it here on the Bristol-Myers Squibb website.

I encourage you to watch this commercial because she so eloquently states exactly how I felt about my cancer. And, oh yeah, bald is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter