Taming the Savage Breast

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
John Schaar

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

MRI Results

This will be a quick post, but I wanted to update you on the results of my MRI.

As you know, I had an MRI done on the Saturday before Christmas. I expected to get the results the following week, but the doctor was out of the office that week, so I didn't get them until today.

It was all good news: they didn't find anything at all.

The interesting thing is that I was kind of nervous about everything until the day I went for the MRI. As I was laying in that narrow tube and they were running all the scans, I suddenly thought to myself, "They're not going to find anything." In that moment, I knew there was nothing there.

Since that moment, I've been at complete peace about the MRI. In fact, the speech stuff seems to be subsiding. Perhaps it's because I'm drinking more fluids now that I'm back on chemotherapy. Perhaps it's because I'm so at peace with it that I'm not noticing it anymore. Either way, today they confirmed that they didn't find anything.

This just helps me feel validated that I'm doing all the right things and am far along on my path of recovery.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

got here by clicking "next blog" several times. i hope it won't seem trite (since i don't know your story) that i say congratulations on your good news.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter